Why Become a Member of ACHS?
Since 1888, the Adams County Historical Society has preserved millions of historic items that tell the story of our world-famous community. Now, YOU can be part of this important work by becoming a member of ACHS!
Members enjoy many benefits, including free access to the ACHS Archives and Reading Rooms, free admission to the Seminary Ridge Museum, discounted rates to all our programs, and so much more! Here's more about our current membership rates:
Membership Levels Exclusively for Students and Teachers
Student Membership ($10): Open to all K-12 students and those at the college or university level
- Free use of the archives, plus 4 free photographic/document scans or copies per year
Educator Membership ($20): Open to current educators at any grade or university level
- Free use of the archives, plus 10 free photographic/document scans or copies per year
General Membership Levels
Supporting Membership ($40):
- Free use of the ACHS Archives & Reading Rooms
- Monthly e-newsletters
- Discounts/advanced notice for all events, including tours, workshops, seminars, and webinars
- Free admission to the Seminary Ridge Museum
- 50% off on all paid research requests (*added due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
Family Membership ($60): All the above benefits, plus...
- Free admission to the Archives & Reading Rooms for four permanent members of your household
- 10% off on all ACHS books and merchandise
Patron Membership ($120): All of the above benefits, plus...
- Free use of the archives for all permanent residents of your household
- Free access to more than 1,000 other museums through the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association
Bermudian Settlement Membership ($250): All of the above benefits, plus...
- $25 gift certificate
- Gift family membership to be given to the recipient of your choice
Carroll’s Delight Membership ($500): All of the above benefits, plus...
- A "Behind the Scenes" tour of the archives, featuring rare artifacts, for you and up to five additional guests
- A free guided car tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield with a licensed battlefield guide
Digges' Choice Membership ($1,000): All of the above benefits, plus...
- Free tickets to all ACHS events, tours, special programs, and our annual meeting
Corporate Partnership Program - Become a 2020 Partner!
Are you a local business owner or nonprofit/civic group leader? Please click HERE for more information about this year's program and event sponsorship opportunities! We will work with you to shine a light on your business/organization in the Gettysburg and Adams County community.
To become a member of the Adams County Historical Society using our secure payment system, complete the fields below or click here to print the downloadable PDF form and mail your membership form and check to ACHS at P.O. Box 4325, Gettysburg PA 17325. All memberships are good for one year from the date of payment. Members will receive confirmation of their payment and a membership card via the regular mail.
You can set up your membership to renew automatically each year by calling us during business hours: (717) 334-4723, ext. 3. Please leave us a message if you are unable to speak with the staff.