New Museum Opening in April 2023!
Gettysburg Beyond the Battle Museum will be located inside the new home of the Adams County Historical Society, a 29,000-square-foot complex currently under construction just north of Gettysburg. It will feature twelve galleries of immersive exhibits exploring more than three centuries of American history, all from the perspective of one very famous community.
In addition, the museum will host frequent history programs for all ages inside a stunning event venue and education center overlooking the battlefield. The complex will also include a spacious library and archives where visitors can access some of Gettysburg's rarest archival holdings, including hundreds of civilian accounts from the Battle of Gettysburg and Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
Ticket reservations will be available soon. Check back for updates!
Beyond the Battle Museum will feature...
- Brand new immersive museum exhibits with 360-degree special effects technology
- Hundreds of Gettysburg's rarest artifacts on display for the first time
- Gift shop offering a unique selection of book, souvenirs, and locally made goods
- Just 2 miles from the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum & Visitor Center
- Group discounts and flexible scheduling
Featured Exhibit: Caught in the Crossfire
See, hear, and feel what it was like for the civilians of Gettysburg inside “Caught in the Crossfire," our 360-degree immersive Battle of Gettysburg experience.
Guidelines and recommendations for your visit:
- Purchase tickets in advance to save time and avoid lines.
- Free parking is available on-site.
- Our facility is fully ADA-compliant.
- Restrooms are available on-site.
- Light refreshments are available at the museum café.
- The museum is self-guided; however, docents are available to answer questions.
- Please avoid bringing backpacks and/or large bags into the building.
- Food, drinks (except bottled water), and gum are not permitted inside the museum galleries.
- Smoking, vaping, or any use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited inside the building.
- Non-flash photography is permitted in the museum for personal, non-commercial use only.